Traffic Hotspots Could Cost Drivers £183 Billion by 2025
Request the full research report now – 'Europe's Traffic Hotspots: Measuring the Impact of Congestion in Europe'.
New research from INRIX reveals that congestion caused by the worst traffic hotspots could cost drivers in Europe £183 billion by 2025 due to time wasted sitting in gridlock.
- Using INRIX Roadway Analytics, a new traffic analysis tool and the first of its kind to be available in Europe, INRIX analysed more than 200,000 traffic jams to identify and rank 45,662 traffic hotspots in 123 major cities in 19 European countries.
- INRIX also calculated the cost of congestion across all traffic hotspots to identify the price drivers in Europe are estimated to pay over the next 10 years due to time wasted sitting in gridlock.
- In the UK, the worst traffic hotspots in 21 cities were identified and the cost to drivers of time wasted in congestion could amount to £61.8 billion over the next 10 years.
- London had more traffic hotspots than any other city analysed, and time wasted in gridlock at these locations could cost Londoners £42 billion by 2025.
- In Germany, INRIX Roadway Analytics identified the worst traffic hotspots in 27 cities and the economic cost to drivers could amount to €47.6 billion by 2025.
- The A7 in Hamburg is home to Europe's worst traffic hotspot and time wasted in gridlock at this location could cost drivers €1.3 billion over the next decade.
This research report is packed with insights on how traffic data analytics can reveal valuable new insights for road authorities. Complete the form to request your copy now.
Webinar: Improving Roadway Performance:
Hear INRIX present the research findings on Europe’s traffic hotspots, see INRIX Roadway Analytics and hear from experts as they discuss improving mobility and transport efficiency.
To request your free copy of this research report, simply complete your details below:
Europe's Traffic Hotspots Visualisation
Infographic: Europe's Traffic Hotspots
See a quick graphical overview of our new research measuring the impact of congestion in Europe.
Brochure: INRIX Roadway Analytics
Read how INRIX Roadway Analytics provides on-demand traffic insight and visualisation tools.